We update Alfred regularly to optimize the performance. In this article, you will find out how to
- Update Alfred manually
- Set Alfred to update automatically
- Update Alfred remotely (Android-only)
- Unsupported Alfred app version
- Update firmware for AlfredCam
Update Alfred manually
To manually update the Alfred app to the latest version, please
- Open the or app
- Search Alfred Home Security Camera
- Tap the Update button
Set Alfred to update automatically
📱 Android devices
- Open the Google Play Store app
- At the top right, tap the profile icon
- Tap "Manage apps & device"
- Tap "Manage", and select Alfred
- To open the app's "Details" page, tap the app
- On the app's "Details" page, tap More
- Tap "Enable auto-update"
📱 iOS devices
- Go to System Settings
- Tap "App Store"
- Turn on the toggle for "App Updates"
Update Alfred remotely (Android-only)
🖥 Remotely update from the computer
- Go to Alfred's page on Google Play Store
- Click on the green button that says “Installed”
3. Select your device, and tap "INSTALL"
⚠️ Please update your Camera and Viewer devices to the latest version to get the best results.
📱 Remotely update from the mobile device
- Open Chrome browser
- Switch to desktop mode
- Long press this link "Alfred’s page on Google Play Store"
- Choose "Open in a new tab" (you cannot do this through the Google Play Store app)
- Press "Installed", and a menu for your device will appear
- Select the appropriate device
- Tap "INSTALL"
- Wait for five minutes
- Refresh the Alfred app, and your device should be updated
⚠️ If you can't update the app due to compatibility issues, please see this article as a reference.
Unsupported Alfred app version
As the development environment evolves, maintaining old app versions has become more challenging. As a result, we update the last compatible app version once every quarter of the year in order to provide the best user experience and support new features.
Starting on October 18th, 2023, if your devices are running on the below app versions, you will no longer be able to log in:
- Android: 2023.3.0 will be the minimum supported app version.
- iOS device: 2022.3.0 will be the minimum supported app version.
If you have trouble updating the app, please follow the steps below:
⚠️ To see more information about the recommended requirements to run the AlfredCamera app, please see here.
Update firmware for AlfredCam (AC101)
When a new AlfredCam firmware version is released in the Alfred app, please follow the steps below to update your AlfredCam firmware from your Viewer device (mobile device or tablet):
- On your camera list, tap the Camera settings wheel for your AlfredCam
- Tap the "Firmware Version"
- Tap "Update"
（Tap the "1" badge instead of Update for iOS devices）
- Tap the "Update" button
- Tap "Start" to confirm the update
Still have questions? Please contact us from the More tab in the app.