AlfredCamera works on Android devices, iOS devices, computers, and AlfredCam (AC101) (Alfred’s own hardware camera).
To make home security accessible to everyone, we try to make AlfredCamera available on as many smartphone/tablet devices and operating systems as possible. You can connect devices running across Android and iOS systems, use Alfred’s WebCamera / WebViewer, or AlfredCam.
As a rule of thumb, if you can find the AlfredCamera app on the Google Play Store or App Store on your device, it most likely means that the Alfred app can run on your device. However, we do not support any IP cameras or security systems on the market, but you may use AlfredCam, Alfred's hardware camera.
What are the recommended OS requirements for my device?
You can set almost any smartphone and tablet device as Viewer devices, as long as they run on systems Android 5.0+ and iOS 11+. The same Viewer device requirements apply if you also use AlfredCam (Alfred's own hardware camera). We suggest that you use your daily phones as Viewer devices.
What if I don’t have two devices that run above iOS 11 or Android 5.0?
If you do not have at least two smartphone or tablet devices that run above iOS 11 or Android 5.0, you can use one of the alternatives given below:
- Use Alfred's WebCamera（only supported on Chrome) / WebViewer on Chrome or Safari as your Camera and Viewer device
- Use Alfred’s AlfredCam (Alfred's own hardware camera) as your Camera device. See how to get your own AlfredCam via in-app purchase here
- Recommended requirements and alternative options for using the AlfredCamera app
- What are some of the requirements to use AlfredCamera?
- How do I set up AlfredCamera?
🙋 Still have questions? Please contact us from the More tab in the app.