HD viewing/recording is an Alfred Premium feature that allows you to have a clearer view of your home, pets, or loved ones. Once you upgrade your account to Premium, all applicable devices in your account will automatically be in HD.
In this article, we have gathered information about HD video that might help you learn more about this feature:
- What's the difference between standard and HD?
- How many of my Camera devices can be viewed in HD?
- How do I change the resolution on my device while viewing a live feed?
⚠️ Note: Alfred always maximizes recording based on your device's hardware limitations and connection status. If the camera resolution on your Camera device is too low, HD viewing/recording may not be available.
What is the difference between Standard and HD?
Below are images comparing Standard and HD resolution:
How many of my Camera devices can stream/record in HD?
Once you upgrade to Alfred Premium, all Camera devices under your account will be optimized to use HD resolution is supported by the device’s camera.
If you're using a free app version but you are also in another Premium account's Trust Circle, you will only be able to view in HD with the shared Camera. 🤳
How do I change the resolution on my device while viewing a live feed?
If your Camera is an iOS device, please click on the triangle icon in the bottom right corner of your Viewer device to change the resolution to HD. See the image below.👇🏼
If your Camera is an Android device, before changing the resolution you must first:
- Make sure your Camera device is running on Android 5.0 and above operating system
- Click on the wheel icon at the bottom of the Camera preview page
- On your Camera device, set your resolution as "Default" in the Camera Settings
Tap "Switch to Camera 2.0"
- On your Viewer device, tap the triangle icon in the bottom right corner of your live feed to switch
- Why does my live view still default to Standard resolution after upgrading to Premium?
- What is Alfred Premium?
- Why is the video quality not as good as the videos I record on my device?
- Why is my live streaming so blurry?
🙋 Still have questions? Please contact us from the More tab in the app.