|This symbol indicates exclusive access for Premium users. You can unlock that feature by upgrading to Premium.
AlfredCamera continues to be at the forefront of home surveillance technology, and a key component of this leadership is our enduring Continuous Recording feature. Operating on an 8-hour loop, it diligently records everything in your surveillance zone as Playback, overwriting the oldest footage with the newest, thus making efficient use of your storage space. This approach is ideal for various monitoring needs, be it for security purposes, keeping an eye on pets, or simply overseeing your property. Designed for those who value uninterrupted, comprehensive coverage, this feature ensures that you capture every moment, offering unparalleled peace of mind.
How do I set up Continuous Recording?
To enable this feature, please
- Tap the camera's settings wheel
- Scroll down and turn on the Continuous Recording toggle
Where do I check the Playback?
The footage of Continuous Recording is called Playback, which can be accessed via the steps below
- Make sure your Camera device is online
- Start a Live Session
- Tap Playback
- Tap and drag the timeline to view recorded footage from a specific time
- With Activity Detection enabled, the timeline will show red bars at points where motion was detected.
- You may also pinch or zoom in to change the scale on the timeline.
- What are the system requirements?
- How can I unlock my Playback?
- Why can’t I find my Playback from yesterday or even earlier?
- How do I download the Continuous Recording Playback?
- What should I do if the storage is running low on my Camera device?
What are the system requirements?
- AlfredCamera app version: 2022.4.0 and above
- Minimum storage requirements: Internal storage for more than 400MB
- If you’re using an Android device, please make sure the pipeline is set to Camera 2.0 from the settings of your Camera device.
- WebViewer and WebCamera do not support the Continous Recording feature.
How can I unlock my Playback?
To view the Playback directly on your Viewer device, please consider joining our Premium membership. This upgrade not only unlocks the Playback viewing but also offers an enhanced experience with additional benefits to elevate your AlfredCamera usage. More information can be found on the official site of AlfredCamera.
Why can’t I find my Playback from yesterday or even earlier?
Our Continuous Recording is designed to capture video in an 8-hour loop. This means that as new footage is recorded, older recordings are overwritten. The process is automatic and irreversible. So, if you're unable to find footage from or beyond 8 hours ago, it indicates that the recording has been replaced by newer content and is no longer accessible.
How do I download the Continuous Recording Playback?
Currently, the AlfredCamera app does not support downloading the full loop of video. Alternatively, you can make a screen recording of the Playback to store these important clips.
What should I do if the storage is running low on my Camera device?
If you received a message in the app saying your Continous Recording is disabled due to low Camera storage, or you are getting less than 8 hours of Continuous Recording loop, please free up some space on your Camera device by following the steps below:
- Android device: https://support.google.com/android/answer/7431795?
- iOS device: https://support.apple.com/HT206504
The Continuous Recording and Playback feature on AlfredCamera is designed to bring security and convenience to your fingertips. By offering a complete, uninterrupted recording loop, this feature ensures that you have access to a comprehensive view of your surveillance area, any time you need it. While there are some limitations, such as storage requirements, these are in place to ensure the best possible user experience. We're committed to continuous improvement and value your feedback as we enhance our services. With AlfredCamera, rest assured that your peace of mind is always our top priority.
🙋 Still have questions? Please contact us from the More tab in the app.