Tired of getting tons of false alarms triggered by moving trees, the reflection of the light, or other irrelevant movements?
With our Premium feature Detection Zone, you can now customize Alfred only to record motions that occur within a specific area! Any movements detected outside of the Detection Zone will not be triggered by the camera device, and you won't receive notifications or recorded videos for those events.
In this article, you'll learn about
- How do I set up a Detection Zone?
- What are the requirements to use Detection Zone?
- How to change your Camera version to Camera 2.0? (Android only)
How do I set up a Detection Zone?
If you are using an Android Camera device, make sure it is running on Camera 2.0 version.
- Tap Camera Settings icon for the camera you wish to configure
- Enable the Activity Detection
- Tap Detection Zone
- Enable Detection Zone, and a colored box will appear
- Drag the dots located on the sides of the colored box to adjust the size and position of the Detection Zone
- You are all set!
- Please be aware that our software camera offers eight adjustable dots, while our hardware camera, AlfredCam, only provides four points at the moment.
- If you zoom in or rotate the image after applying a detection zone, the zone will adjust itself automatically to record the same area.
(Here is an example of how Detection Zone works after zooming in)
Tip: If you still receive too many unwanted alerts after setting up Detection Zone, it's time to set Activity Detection to record in "Person Only" mode!
What are the requirements to use the Detection Zone?
- You are a Premium user
- Your Camera device meet the following requirements:
How to change your Camera version to Camera 2.0? (Android only)
- Go to your Camera Device
- Tap Camera Settings (the wheel icon)
- Tap Switch to Camera 2.0